Register  |  Login

WelcomeMinimize

Everyone is welcome to read the discussions here, both members and non-members; only members can post. To get started, either log in, or if this is your first time here, go ahead and Register.

User LoginMinimize

Register
Forgot Password ?

Forums
ForumsMinimize
HomeHomePaddlingPaddlingWhitewater Padd...Whitewater Padd...Lower Yough Memorial Weekend TripsLower Yough Memorial Weekend Trips
Previous

Next
New Post
5/8/2018 7:29 AM

Join us this Memorial day weekend for 2 days of paddling on the Lower Yough!

The Rossinis will be leading the trip on Saturday 5/26

The Copes will be leading the trip on Sunday 5/27

For both trips we will be meeting at 9am at the Paddle's Boat House, here's a link to the location

www.google.com/maps/place/Lower+Yough...

First Timers to the Lower Yough are welcome, the Lower Yough is a step up from the Lehigh, so you should be comfortable on the Lehigh before going out to the LY.

To kayak the LY on the weekends you need to have a Launch Permit, the club has purchased 10 launch permits for each day at a cost of $2 each.  If you want to use one then email Shannon at slavelle_lg@hotmail.com, be sure to specify which day you want the permit for.

To sign up for the trip respond to this thread so we can all see who's coming.  

For camping Sharron has reserved the pavilion at Tall Oaks, when you arrive at Tall Oaks just tell them you are with the WTC group and pay them directly. 

The Copes and Rossinis will be staying at Benner's campground, they have quiet hours and the sites are closer together, but we won't be staying up late because of Megan and Sadie so we prefer the extra ammenidies at Benner's.  

New Post
5/8/2018 8:05 AM

Sign me up! I'm looking to also paddle Thursday(maybe)and Friday.

New Post
5/14/2018 7:35 PM

Sorry we didn't post sooner, but Susan and I are attending.  We wil be out Wednesday early afternoon, staying at Benner's on Wednesday and Thursday nights.  They were booked for the weekend, so we will be heading over to Tall Oaks on Friday morning.  We'll let Shannon know and try to utilize a couple of her launch passes.  See you next week!

New Post
5/16/2018 9:27 PM

Jem and I would be interested in friday the 25th only--we would do it in a day, so maybe we could meet at 10, so we can get there on time?

New Post
5/17/2018 9:00 AM

I would be interested in the Friday paddle as well if it has a 10 am meetup time.  I would be driving up that morning.  

Thanks,

Carol 

New Post
5/17/2018 9:27 AM

I’m interested in Friday too, conditions and schedule (some things I won’t know til later) permitting. I’ll be a first timer (for the second time)

New Post
5/20/2018 5:40 PM

I would like to join for Saturday and Sunday.  Thanks.

New Post
5/23/2018 6:27 PM

I’m in for Friday as well as Saturday and Sunday—hoping  to learn this river! And ones nearby 

New Post
5/23/2018 8:00 PM

Permit list. Payment of $2 per permit is due to me. 

Saturday : Gwen, john, sue, Craig, Josh, Dave, Katie, Rob

Sunday: Shannon, Steve, sue, Craig, Josh, Dave, katie, Rob, rick

New Post
5/24/2018 8:37 PM

In addition to Saturday and Sundays yough runs, there was a little Sandy and middle yough trip today Thursday and a lbs trip tomorrow Friday, run by Sue Wentz. Contact her for details.

New Post
5/24/2018 8:37 PM

In addition to Saturday and Sundays yough runs, there was a little Sandy and middle yough trip today Thursday and a lbs trip tomorrow Friday, run by Sue Wentz. Contact her for details.

Previous

Next
HomeHomePaddlingPaddlingWhitewater Padd...Whitewater Padd...Lower Yough Memorial Weekend TripsLower Yough Memorial Weekend Trips